1.12.2011

New Year's Resolution Progress

This year I've broken with my usual tradition for new years resolutions...I'm not resolving to loose weight and go to the gym.

Instead the incrediable amount of UFO (UnFinished Objects) around here is getting obscene.
I have everything from partially quilted quilts to dresses all done they just need a zipper...

So I just figured I'd start with the project sitting on my sewing table and just keep going until they were all done. I think this might take most of the year but it will be nice to finally see some finished objects.

My first finished quilt top of 2011:
I'm pretty satisfied with it. Crimson and black are really not colors I ever quilt with. I'm more of a fresh pallet person but I'm pretty happy with this. I needed a more masculine feel, and I think I accomplished that too. To quilt it I'm going to do rolling waves because after all it is the Crimson Tide...Roll Tide Roll. Right now it is in the wash, and I'll baste this puppy tomorrow...

I'm making slow and steady progress.

To inspire me I finally gave in and hung a simple design wall:
I'm pretty taken with it, and I can't understand why I didn't do this before.

You might have heard but we got a ton! of snow around here for Nashville. 3inches!!! Not much by NY standards but enough to bring the city to a halt. My southern dog was very perplexed by how huge my feet instantly became.

No comments:

Post a Comment